American Society of Exercise Physiologists
Memphis, TNThe 4th Annual Meeting of ASEP has been planned to provide a mix of workshops, research, professional issues, and site visitations to improve on the professional development of all exercise physiologists.
The meeting commences on Thursday, September 27, 2000 with the opportunity for those who meet the ASEP criteria to sit for the "Exercise Physiologist Certified" (EPC) exam.
Following the EPC exam, the Annual Meeting begins on Friday, September 28 and concludes on Saturday, September 29, 2001. It is a great opportunity to interact with friends, colleagues, exhibitors, and other professionals interested in the professionalization of exercise physiology.
Use the links below to connect to additional features of the conference, as well as tourism features of the Memphis region. Note that you can click on Dr. LaGary Carter's name and write an email to him regarding any aspect of the meeting.
Embassy Suites (Tour/Reservations)
Important: To make reservations by calling directly the Embassy Suites, use 1-901-684-1777 and ask for in-house reservations. September 5, 2001 is the cut off date to make reservations at the meeting price of $129.00 per night.
Research Abstract Submission Style
Important:Please note that the Schedule of Presentations has been completed. Please refer to the ASEP contact page for the 4th ASEP National Meeting agenda.Submission DateCONFERENCE REGISTRATON
August 1, 2001 (Please note that the original deadline of July 16, 2001 has been updated.)
August 16, 2001
MEETING AGENDA will be posted soon
Highlights of the meeting will include the:
- Presentations of research topics that deal directly with exercise physiology, including but not limited to, training, prescription, ethics, and professionalism.
- First-ever review of the ASEP document that defines the "Standards of Professional Practice" of exercise physiologists.
- The opportunity to sit for the Certification for Exercise Physiologists exam.
- Site visitation to University of Memphis department and research laboratories.
- Update on ASEP's Nationwide Program Accreditation Manual, and
- Feedback on ASEP's professional initiatives including licensure, public education, student chapters, and state associations.